Grenfell Preschool & Long Day Care Centre aims to provide, develop, resource and manage a high quality early childhood educational and care service s that fulfils the needs of the community and is accessible to all children without discrimination regarding sex, culture, race , socioecomonic status or religion. We believe that all children are unique individuals and that each child should be allowed time to be a child.
The Centre will achieve this aim by:
• providing multipurpose educational care for children aged between 0 to 12 years of age;
• providing Long Day Care and Preschool sessions and a Mobile Preschool Service
• providing a safe, happy stimulating healthy environment which recognises the needs an, interest and talents of each child;
• fostering the development of a positive self esteem and supporting independence skills;
• providing a range of developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework,
* actively encouraging parents to participate in all levels of their child’s learning and providing opportunities for this to occur;
* Maintaining respectful and supportive relationships with families and children
* Providing educational programs and forming partnerships with families and the wider communities.
"Staff recognise the importance of play as one of the main ways in which children learn and develop."
We believe that a child’s first five years are an important and valuable stage of life that shapes the child’s future health, happiness and development. Parents and families are the most important people in children’s lives. They know their child better than anyone else and have the biggest influence upon their learning. We will establish a partnership of mutual respect, trust and empathy with parents and families to promote the child’s wellbeing. This partnership with families will be built on open, honest, communication. Parents and families are always welcome at the Centre and their involvement is greatly encouraged.
We believe that each child is naturally creative, capable and inquisitive. We understand that children are motivated to explore and discover the world by actively employing a complex network of abilities and interests. We know that children ’learn through play’ and recognise children’s agency from birth.
Our Educators will strive to create an environment where the children feel safe, happy, nurtured and stimulated so that they feel comfortable and empowered to try new activities and experiences and also to nurture relationships with others. Each educator is seen as a valuable resource to the centre and their personalities and beliefs contribute to making a successful Centre. We respect diverse culture, language, socio- economic levels, abilities, beliefs and values. We honour and embrace diversity.
We strongly believe in supporting children in their transition to school. We will establish links with families and local schools to assist with a smooth transition to school. We aim to support children in developing life skills that will help them to be effective members of the broader community in which they now live and will live in the future.